January 19, 2016

A wake up call

A ex-colleague of mine rang up today. Shared a few gossips and eventually talked about life. And work. About balancing achievement in life and work, and everything in between. (No, it was not a long conversation. We just dont do small talks)

I came to a conclusion: I need to do better.

And that means having resolutions/goals to stick to.

So here goes,

28 things to accomplish before I turn 28
1. Free myself from all short term debts
2. Own a steady second income source
3. To not do any impulse shopping, must plan and consider before buying (MOST DIFFICULT ONE!)
4. Earn at least double of my previous annual income
5. Take and complete an independent course
6. Develop a new skill
7. Write a killer proposal paper
8. Get published
9. Make new friends (REAL friends)
10. Find a tailor I am really happy with
11. Not to make any additional financial commitments (unless it's a Louis Vuitton home loan)
12. Make a huge improvement to the office/department, in any way
13. Find a functioning skincare regime, and stick to it! Religiously
14. Khatam the holy Quran, at least once
15. Learn a new recipe
16. Start that travel scrapbook I intended to start on since aaaages
17. Participate in a flea market
18. Complete a 21 kilometres run
19. Organize a huge event
20. Not to withdraw any funds from my ASB account (unless it's for a home purchase)
21. Maintain and update this blog at least once a week
22. Update my travelogue regularly (yes, I own one)
23. Get involve in a volunteer job
24. Visit a city I have never been to. and blog about it
25. Start a new home with Dar
26. Join a run with Dar
27. Go hiking, and explore new places with Dar
28. Get a Clarisonic cleanser as my 28th birthday present to myself

I guess, now that this list is out, I will be updating which item has been crossed out.

I can do this. Slowly, but surely.

Inshaa allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment