December 30, 2015

365 days of #daruzanna

It was our first anniversary a few days ago. Despite of my plans over the years on how each year's celebration has to be about fancy gifts and mini honeymoons, when the day came, surprisingly all I really wanted was to spend some quality time with my husband.

Being in a long distance marriage is tough shit. It requires a lot of effort and massive communication. I have to say, I am no good at virtual communication slash conversation. So you could guess which one of us worked harder than the other.

Putting that aside, one fact I love about being apart is, we treasure the time we spent together more. Everything will be planned because no time is to be wasted. Movie dates, dressed up dinners, outdoor adventures, friends visiting, wearing matching colours. The things that we might take for granted if we are to see each other everyday, every night, every weekend.

So we went for an overnight trip to Melaka to reminisce our first movie cum trishaw ride date back in 2013. Due to the holiday season, our check-in process took over three hours to settle. Bad traffic, hot weather, grumbling stomach and now this???

It was either I must have looked what I was feeling inside or it was the courtesy of the hotel (I suspect it was the previous but Dar convinced me it was the latter), our room was upgraded two standards up. Good skill lah this lady, I was bought at once. Suddenly all my anger evaporates into thin air.

Me: *dancing in the elevator* There's gonna be a private pool in this room!!
Dar: How do you know?
Me: *continue dancing* This is going to be like Bali all over again yeyyy
Dar: *smiled and hugged me tightly*

Once we reached our room (which was on the 26th floor), there was no private pool. Only a huge adjustable tub facing the balcony.

Me: Eh? Mana swimming pool?
Dar: See, how do you even know there's a private pool.
Me: It's there in the website....Takpelah tub pun tub lah...

See, easily bought.

We spent our evening walking along the river, exploring Jonker Street (my favourite night market of alltime!) and catching up on sleep. Dar discovered a guy drawing portraits along the street and we got ourselves water coloured painted portraits.

An anniversary gift, I told myself.

Our first of many wedding anniversaries, Inshaa Allah <3



2 comments: